Friday, August 5, 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy!

Time sure flies when you are busy, does it? It flies fast for me, I think it was just this March that I signed up for a Missions trip to Guatemala. Just a little update on how that went:
  In April I started to raise my support for the trip. I had to raise up to $2,500 before June 5th. The Lord had it all promised before the end of the month which was amazing. :D June 5th was the day that I flew to JAARS over in Waxhaw, NC. (Jungle Aviation and radio services) I spent the whole week learning about linguistics and about the language that I would be needing to speak over in Guatemala. The week flew by fast and I found myself in Guatemala that Saturday. The main reason we went there was to learn how missionaries live and to experience life in a village for 2 days. It was really fun, my team and I got to see some ruins.
It is very interesting going to the markets over there when you just want to look. People would come up to you and ask you if you wanted to buy something and that it was a good price. Most of the time it was a price I could not afford. One reason barganing is the best thing to do. The secret is walking away and they will call you back with an okay price.  
On the 26th of June I flew back, I was not feeling well because I was sick early that morning. (I sat in First class from Guatemala to Atlanta.)
  Right now I am visiting family and friends before I head off to college this August. I am very excited that I am able to do this, but I am not looking forward to 21 hours in the car. I can't wait till I am able to go to college.

2 comments: