Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Fascination of the Chinese language

Ever since I was six years old I have been fascinated with Mandarin Chinese. The reason that I used as I grew up was that I wanted to buy a panda. Once I grew up and matured my wanting changed to something other than buying a panda. I learned that it would be impossible to buy one and keep it, but I also felt a love for the people in Asia. I studied about China in school with my mom and tried the Rosetta stone software which I did not really understand.
   God blessed me with a chance to visit the country of my dreams several years ago. I got to go walk on the Great Wall and see the Forbidden City. I experienced a new and exciting culture, exciting enough to want to go back again. I felt that I was more able to learn the language over there and remember the words that I knew to practice. I just want to end this post with some Chinese words:
Ni Hao ma? - How are you?
Hen hao, xie xie, Ni ne? - Very good, thank you, and you?
Yesu ai Ni- Jesus loves you
Zai jian!- Good bye!
 

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! It was wonderful to hear your story. How advanced are you in language, would you say?

    Rosetta Stone is a neat software. We used it a bit for Spanish. If I had time, I would learn a dozen languages with it! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not advanced at all actually. I am still at the beginning stages, I can understand several words and write a couple of characters. I am not anywhere near fluent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Chinese is a hard language to learn! Keep persevering!

    This year, my family and I are learning French with Rosetta Stone. I'm super excited to learn another language. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will pray that you guys learn from the Rosetta Stone better than I did. I did mine with school and wanted to end it quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    Learning a new language is becoming trendier and Chinese is one of the swiftest growing languages around the globe. Going to a class will give you some focus and a place to practice what you learn. You can research at home with books and online programs, though it's also rather beneficial to interact with people who are fluent in the language. Thanks a lot...

    Chinese Language Schools

    ReplyDelete